The LAMDA Level 2 Award in Speaking and Listening Skills is a vocational qualification, designed to develop the technical skills, knowledge and understanding required for effective oral communication. It is recognised by Ofqual and the corresponding regulatory authorities in Wales and Northern Ireland.
Learners gain experience in:
• undertaking independent research and selecting relevant material on a set topic
• organising ideas to create persuasive arguments
• adopting appropriate language for their audience
• using voice, diction and body language to deliver engaging speeches
• acquiring the confidence to speak spontaneously and engaging with others using exploratory talk
• widening vocabulary in the search for language to express a point of view.
Boosting self-confidence and sociability in this way helps learners to engage and achieve both at school and beyond the classroom.