Visas and Immigration

UK institutions must be registered with UK Visas and Immigration in order to recruit non-EU/EEA/Swiss students. LAMDA holds a Tier 4 sponsor license. 

If your passport is issued by a country in the European Union(EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you can enter the UK freely - you do not need a visa. This includes dual nationals (people with two or more nationalities) who use their EU/EEA/Swiss passport to enter the UK.

The visa requirements for non-EU/EEA/Swiss students coming to study in the UK are subject to change so we advise applicants to visit the UKVI website for the most up-to-date information and guidance on the visa application procedure. 

BA (Hons) Professional Acting, FdA Professional Acting, FdA Stage Management and Technical Theatre, MA Classical Acting for the Professional Theatre and MA Directing

Non-EU/EEA/Swiss students on courses of six months and above will need to apply for the Tier 4 (General) student visa.

Once you have been accepted onto a LAMDA course of more than 6 months and have paid your deposit or been approved for loans, we will provide you with a Confirmation of Acceptance(CAS), which you can then use to make your visa application.

For more detailed information, please read the PDF below.

Please note that we can not sponsor a visa for our Foundation Diploma and Postgraduate Diplomas as those courses are not validated by a UK university.

Further information on Tier 4 (General) student visas and being an international student in London can be found at and

LAMDA Short Courses (less than six months)

Anyone with a passport from a country outside of the EU/EEA/Switzerland will need to have a Short-term study visa to study on a LAMDA short course.

To check to see if you require a visa prior to entering the UK please visit the UKVI website on the following link:

For more detailed information, please read the PDF below.

Working in the UK

If you are in the UK on a Short-term study visa you are not allowed to work in the UK but if you have a Tier 4 (General) student visa you will be allowed to work a certain number of hours per week during term time (your visa will state how many) and unlimited hours during holidays, without having to apply for permission. You will, however, need to apply for a National Insurance number. Click here for more information.

Please remember: all visa regulations are subject to change, so please check with the websites mentioned above. 

Twitter News