Our New Home
We have come a long way since we broke ground in February 2015.
Brick by brick, we have turned a handful of dilapidated, prefabricated sheds into an inspirational centre for drama training. Cramped, dank studios and substandard office spaces have given way to an impressive 5,500m2 development, designed by Níall McLaughlin Architects and housing:
- The 200-seat Sainsbury Theatre with full fly tower;
- The 120-seat Carne Studio Theatre;
- The Manny & Brigitta Davidson Foyer;
- The Sackler Library;
- A fully-equipped digital screen and audio suite;
- Ten large training and rehearsal studios (including The Caroline Collins Studio, The David PJ Ross Studio, The Kleinwort Studio, The Roshan Seth Studio and The Weston Studio);
- Full technical facilities, and offices in which to develop LAMDA Examinations.
Opening these spectacular new spaces marks the end of an epic journey made possible by the dedication, talent and determination of so many – our students, staff, graduates, Trustees and the design and construction teams who worked alongside us, including BAQUS, Charcoalblue, Gillieron Scott Acoustic Design, Pell Frischmann and VolkerFitzpatrick.
To the many supporters and friends who shared our vision, gave to our Act Now! Campaign and made it happen, thank you. We could not have done it without you.